What are the community laboratory network benefits?
The NECLA network supports regional healthcare providers. NECLA also supports member laboratories in their outreach efforts. NECLA shares tests to broaden coverage and increase efficiency of locally performed tests
- Provides support for development and enhancement of local outreach services.
- More comprehensive test menu with over 97% of tests performed by local member facilities.
- Improved continuity of care -
- through electronic sharing of laboratory data among community providers
- for both inpatient and outpatient visits, leading to decreased test duplication, enhanced administrative efficiencies and reduced length of stay.
- Ability to take full advantage of laboratory information and to significantly reduce the episode-of-care costs.
- More efficient resource utilization when testing is consolidated at specific laboratories.
- Shared resources, marketing and technical consultation.
- Network-wide educational programs.
The fully integrated team approach provided by NECLA allows the delivery of true patient-centered healthcare. The benefits of community-based laboratories as compared to "non-community laboratories" are clear. NECLA provides high-quality, appropriate healthcare services.